May 21, 2004

The Copenhagen Magic

There is a (biiig) chance you have not heard about it. The Copenhagen Consensus. Don't worry, that is why I am here, to tell you about such fascinating stuff.

It is a series of articles on how to improve the situation of Third World countries - written not by dogooders antiglobalist fanatics, but by scientists and economists.

See here for details.

There are those who argue that you cannot put a price on human lives, on or things like education, disease, birth control...
I say - you can.

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements:
energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest."
-- G'Kar to Garibaldi in Babylon 5:"Survivors"

It is *especially* with that greedy capitalism money - not with nice talk and crazy ideas of anti-globalists - that you can do something useful. Because once you put a price on the health of the small child, only then can you see how easy it is to make our lives better, help other ppl and how ashamed we should be for not caring about them. And never besides a point - how much can you make - or save - in the long term if you do. Now go nag your senator or somebody to read those articles, donete few bucks to a good NGO and start caring.

In other news.

I will be attending the 'Fifth Dawn' prerelase. What, you ask?
Well, you need to read collectible card games, Magic and prerelease events, I think.

Truth be told, I am not playing Magic as much as I used to few years ago. It is not cheap, and it is time consuming. But I miss my friends...or collegues. In those times I actually had more then a few. Oh well. I better stop reminescing about old times before this gests to personal. Thing postitive thoughs - like the fact that the prerelease events are good for meeting old gang (many of them dont play it as often as they did, as well...misery likes company, huh?).

Have fun :) I know I will.

No comments:

 
Listed on BlogShares Creative Commons License
Voice of the Prokonsul by Piotr Konieczny is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.
.