Jun 9, 2004

Reagan quote

Granted, we all have been hearing about Reagan lately, but I will have to say this - he was a very wise men, whose contribution to the fall of communism earned him my respect, whatever his other faults might have been.

Did I mention he was wise? Read on:

"Information is the oxygen of the modern age. It seeps through the walls topped by barbed wire, it wafts across the electrified borders. ... The Goliath of totalitarianism will be brought down by the David of the microchip."

* June 1989


I agree with him 100%. See some of his other quotes on wikiquote.

"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."

* During a microphone check on August 11 1984, unaware that he was being broadcast.


*grin* and he had a sence of humor.

Farewell, Mr. President.

...

In other news, I have been working on article about History of communication. 6 pages now. I will post more when I finish it, and probably have a list of interesting (and improved) Wiki pages. Like the one about message drums I wrote yesterday :)

Although I *should* be concentraiting more on looking for a doctorate and such. Shame Wiki does not pay for contribs...

No comments:

 
Listed on BlogShares Creative Commons License
Voice of the Prokonsul by Piotr Konieczny is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.
.