Sometimes writing article on Wiki is like planting a seed and watching it grow with amazing speed. Just few days ago - on 2nd Nov - I created a stub for flame tank. Over past 4 days it increased in size well over 10-times...
Wikipedia goal is to collect all human knowledge. Looking at examples like that I belive that it can do it in less then one decade.
And if that happens, who will want to use printed encyclopedias or dictonaries? When the ex-CEO of Britannica predicts that they are as doomed as dinosaurs...I am not the one to argue.
Onward, to the new world. One more tradition bites the dust.
Documenting cultural heritage during wartime: the toll of Russian invasion
of Ukraine, via Wiki Loves Monuments
-
2026 marked 12 years since Russia started a war against Ukraine, and 4
years after the full-scale invasion. Wiki Loves Monuments Ukraine, the
national part...
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment