Sep 1, 2004

Common scold

Somedays I think that I should rename my blog to 'Wiki curiosities'. Honestly, I could blog every day about some interesting Wiki article. While I don't plan to talk everyday only about Wiki, today I will. And the topic is: common scold



A punishment which was politicaly incorrect (since it could be applied only to women), but how useful. For all those nagging and pesky neighbours who can make one life a living hell - a dip in the water. Aye, those Brits had some great ideas, right, mate?

Now tell me honestly - if you saw this on April Fools day, you would bet your life that it was a joke, right?

While I love science fiction (and fiction in general), sometimes one can find that real life is by no means less bizzare.

Till next time,

No comments:

 
Listed on BlogShares Creative Commons License
Voice of the Prokonsul by Piotr Konieczny is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.
.